Is your coach PCA’s next Coach of the Year?
There are so many coaches who have positively impacted the kids they mentor, and Positive Coaching Alliance wants to honor these amazing individuals.
- The coach teaches life skills through sports.
- They encourage athletes to focus on their effort and not be afraid of making mistakes, because that is how you improve.
- They support athletes by focusing on positive reinforcement instead of motivating through fear, intimidation, or shame.
- They promote behaving respectfully, as the best version of oneself, towards the rules of competition, officials, opponents, and teammates.
- They create an environment of belonging with focus on equity and inclusion.
- They work to advocate for access for all kids to play by helping to remove barriers such as cost and equipment.
- They display empathy and compassion in their approach to coaching.
Simply put, we call a coach with these qualities a Double-Goal Coach®- coaching to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life skills through sports.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
25 Regional Winners have been named!
10 National Winners will be selected from the group of 25 Regional Winners and named on January 20th
Our Coach of the Year will be named sometime in late February or early March. Date TBD.
All dates are subject to change as necessary.
Thanks again to all of you who nominated a coach for their time and commitment to youth athletes across the US! If your coach was not named a Regional Winner this year, we encourage you to nominate them again next year. You can sign up here for a reminder to nominate your coach when the 2025 opportunity opens in summer 2024.
2023 PCA Coach of the Year, Theresa Sherry
2022 PCA Co-Coach of the Year, Breasha Pruitt
2022 PCA Co-Coach of the Year, Shawn Granberry
2021 PCA Coach of the Year, Charles Adams III