Last month, Positive Coaching Alliance announced
the 2020 Double-Goal Coach® National Coach of the Year, DeVon Holmes (pictured above),
from the Cindy Platt Boys & Girls Club of Transylvania County.
You can learn more about Devon here.
Starting NOW through November 30th 2020, you can nominate a deserving coach who has at least 3 years' experience and coaches at a school, club, rec team or sports program for PCA's Double-Goal Coach® Awards presented by TeamSnap!
100 Regional Winners will be named in February 2021.
25 National Winners will be named in March 2021, and will each receive $500 and recognition on PCA's website, newsletters, on social media, and in local and national media outlets.
One coach will be named the PCA National Coach of The Year and win $10,000 ($2,500 to the coach and $7.500 to the youth sports organization or school of their choice.)
Coaches play an incredibly influential role in the lives of athletes. Often players spend more time with their coaches than anyone else outside of the home environment. That's why it's crucial that we recognize and hold great coaches up as an example to others. Is your coach a Double-Goal Coach®? A Double-Goal Coach® strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports while teaching players how to honor the game, filling their emotional tanks, and allowing mistakes as part of the learning process. For criteria, nomination requirements and to see more details about the program, please click here.
Learn more about outstanding Double-Goal Coach past winners by scrolling down to see their feature videos and be inspired!
Questions? Contact PCA's Jennie Wulbrun.
A strong nomination includes:
• Detailed responses to 3 essay questions including specific examples and in-depth descriptions
• Plenty of detail- keep in mind we only know about your coach from what you share
• As many references as possible- only 3 are required, however, the more input we have the better
• A variety of references for a full picture of the coach: players, parents, fellow coaches, administrators
• Frequent checks after submitting to ensure your references have submitted
• Ensuring your nomination is fully submitted and has the required references by the deadline
For criteria, nomination requirements and to see more details about the program, please click below.