Title: Program Manager
Responsible to: Associate Director, Program Support
Responsible for: leading the development and management of PCA partnerships
Travel: Requires occasional travel
Location: South Florida home office
To apply, please read the description below and apply today
ABOUT POSITIVE COACHING ALLIANCE (PCA)
PCA’s Vision: A world where every young person benefits from a positive youth sports
experience with a coach who inspires them to become the best version of themselves in the
game and in life.
PCA’s Mission: To change the culture of youth sports so that every child, regardless of social or
economic circumstance, has access to a positive youth sports experience.
With the recent merger of Positive Coaching Alliance and Coaching Corps, we have accelerated our ability to be a transformational force in the youth sports field dedicated to optimizing the positive impact of youth sports on young people and their communities. PCA is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and operates via a national footprint of local PCA regions and chapters (located primarily in major metropolitan areas) with committed local boards and regional staff. By partnering with youth sports organizations, professional sports leagues, schools, and other youth-serving organizations, our 70 staff members and over 150 experienced and highly trained PCA Trainers support these partnerships through collaboration and the delivery of innovative tools that communities and youth sports organizations can use to create a positive youth sports culture for all kids, regardless of social or economic circumstance.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the mission-aligned work in the development and management of PCA partnerships after initial engagement in the Southeast region, including the areas of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina & Mississippi. This role serves as the key relationship holder to each partner in the region, primarily consulting on how to leverage PCA’s services and resources to ultimately create and/or maintain a positive youth sports culture directly impacting youth served.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages relationships via email, phone, Zoom with all partner contacts (i.e. superintendents, athletic directors, and youth sports leaders) in the Southeast region proactively on a monthly basis at minimum, or more frequently during the launch process. May assist with other regions as assigned.
- Coordinates and leads Partnership Planning (Launch) calls at the beginning of every partnership year to guide and establish a plan to maximize PCA’s partnership through workshop delivery, resource distribution, culture shaping, etc.
- Executes scheduling of workshops per the Partnership Plan, encourages partner contact’s follow-through, and advises on trainer assignment and/or approach as necessary to provide the best fit for the partner
- Curates PCA resources at least monthly to respond to the needs of each partner and positively impact the customer experience and organizational culture including, but not limited to, content specific to sport types, seasons, coaching challenges particular to the environment, youth development, etc. Sends invitations to relevant partner events or to participate in a PCA program.
- Manages the DGC and TIC awards programs for coaches in the region(s), including sending initial outreach communications, conducting individual follow-up as needed to elicit actions/participation, and selecting, organizing, and project-managing a team of reviewers to evaluate applicants and nominees.
- Maintains accurate and timely correspondence and workshop records in the CRM database, establishes future tasks and dates for targeted partner outreach, and furnishes reports on a weekly basis (or as needed) to inform on progress towards goals
- Represents PCA at region-specific special events with a goal of relationship building/maintenance and provides logistical on site event support to event organizers (1-2 events a year)
- Other duties as assigned, i.e. research, content development, providing regional partner learnings to larger team, as applicable
- Prior comprehensive experience in working in youth sports programs demonstrating functional knowledge of typical roles, sports seasons, organization structure, challenges programs face, etc. College degree preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Without on-the-job training; Salesforce/CRM and Google Suite experience preferred.
- Highly organized and rarely makes mistakes with data entry
- Proven self-starter and experience with setting and managing own tasks and schedule towards goals
- Exceptional ability to effectively and intuitively communicate in-person, over phone, via email (concise; appropriate tone and grammar usage)
- Demonstrates comfort and experience with pitching a value proposition, storytelling, and confidently recommending how to leverage the services and resources an organization provides.
- Problem-solving skills with an ability to adapt and readily respond to needs ● Conflict resolution skills and experience with expressing empathy for the experience of another within a professional context
- Team Player - collaboration internally and externally is a constant: Program Manager Team, Partnership Manager Team, Marketing Team, Product/Content Team, Finance/Administration for contracts, Development re: grants, etc.
- Coaching or other experience with youth sports is strongly desired
Personal Attributes Desired
The Program Manager should embody the following personal characteristics:
- High ethical standards
- Values diversity
- Passion and love for sports and youth programs
- Passion for the PCA cause is essential!
How To Apply
To express your interest in the position click Apply Now to be taken directly to our application process. Please attach your resume and cover letter. If an alternative option is desired, you may submit your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of candidate will not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.