As we return to Youth Sports, it is critical Coaches have
the skills to deal with the social and emotional needs
of our athletes as they emerge from the trauma of COVID-19.
Make sure Coaches, Athletes, Parents Officials take
advantage of these resources.
During this time at home, PCA will be sending out relevant resources each week. In case you missed some of our earlier articles, here are a few of our most-read pieces:
• PCA Gives Tips For Parents To Sub In As Coach And Coach At Home
• PCA Discusses Honoring The Game Through Difficult Times
• PCA Shares Tools For How To Handle Mistakes
• PCA Shares Advice for Supporting Each Other and Filling Emotional Tanks
• PCA Answers Your Questions addressing how to handle the Disappointment of Cancellations and Postponements Due To Coronavirus
• PCA's Jake Wald Shares Thoughts on Choosing To Do Youth Sports Better When They Reopen
• PCA Board Member Dr. Emily Kraus shares 5 Ways Athletes Can Improve Their Mental Health During the Pandemic
• Movie Discussion Guide Compilation For Teams And Parents To Use At Home
• An Article from PCA Founder Jim Thompson on Recovering the Joy of Sports During the Sports Shutdown
• Zoom Workshops - These 60-minute workshops are highly interactive and provide tangible and practical tools, all while allowing your coaches to connect and interact. Schools and youth sports organizations can click below for more information and to sign up for more information about these Zoom workshops.
• PCA’s online Triple-Impact Competitor® course for youth athletes was offered for free. This highly interactive course provides specific tips and techniques for mastery and continuous improvement in any sport. PCA offered this from April to June and had thousands of courses completed during this time.
• PCA was offering its online course for officials free of charge. The course is filled with powerful officiating tools, is based on the latest research from sports psychology, and reflects the "best practices" of elite officials across the country! PCA offered this from April to June and had thousands of courses completed during this time.
Hear about the state of sport, whether baseball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, or otherwise.
This may be hosted by our partners or hosted by PCA.
In case you missed it, PCA Staff Members are joining traditional media outlets to discuss the handling of coronavirus and the sports shutdown
• PCA-Colorado's Amy Manson on FOX31 Denver
• PCA-Seattle's Billy Rodgers on KOMO Radio Seattle