Pitching Coach, Colorado Rockies
National Advisory Board, Blog Author
- Current Pitching Coach for the Colorado Rockies
- 2013-2014-Special Assistant to the GM & Pitching Coordinator for the Kansas City Royals
- 2010-2013-Bullpen Coach for the Kansas City Royals
- 2007-2009-Bullpen Coach Florida Marlins
- 2005-2006 - Minor League Pitching Coach Florida Marlins
- 2004- Pastor of Student Ministries, Highland Community Church, Wausau Wisconsin
- 2002-2003-Field Manager and General Manager, Wisconsin Woodchucks, Northwoods League
Prior to 2002, Foster scouted for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and coached at the University of Michigan and the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point. He finished his degree in Exercise & Sports Science at UWSP while coaching in 1998. He grew up in DeSoto, Texas where he was a 3-sport athlete playing on 3 straight state finalists baseball teams while winning the State Championship in 1985. Foster finished his high school career with a 44-4 pitching record.
He played one year at Blinn Jr College in Brennan, Texas and then moved on to the University of Texas-Arlington where he was named the Southland Conference Pitcher of the Year in 1988. Foster also played 7 years with the Cincinatti Reds. He's been blessed to receive awards along the way including Manager and Coach of the year as well as Topps Scout of the Month. He co-authored and self published a book with his father titled, Lessons From Little League and Life. He is married to Cori Foster and have two children; Casey Foster a junior at University of North Texas, and Lauren Foster a senior in high school in Highlands Ranch, CO. Lauren will be playing softball at the University of Wisconsin beginning next year.