- 05.17.2021 How to be a Champion of Inclusion
Sports should be for everyone. Yet, too often, LGBTQ youth are left on the sidelines. To ensure all kids have access to the benefits of sport, PCA is providing parents, coaches, athletes, and leaders with the resources to help create a more inclusive experience for ALL athletes.
Resources & Statistics about LGBTQ Inclusion in Sport
- Only 24% of LGBT youth participate in sports (compared to a national average of 68%) Play to Win (HRC)
- Trans girls participate in sport at a rate of only 12% Play to Win (HRC)
- Trans boys participate in at a rate of only 14% Play to Win (HRC)
- 1 in 10 LGBTQ students report that school staff or coaches have discouraged them from playing sports because they were LGBTQ. GLSEN Climate Survey