Creating opportunities for girls in sports to eliminate gender inequity.
The Gender Equity Initiative seeks to eliminate gender inequity in youth sports with a particular focus on growing the numbers of girls of color playing youth sports and equalizing their experiences in sport in addition to growing the numbers of women coaches of color and coaches supporting girls. The Initiative further seeks to promote gender equity with respect to all kids, coaches, and stakeholders.
Pillars of Focus
• Girls Recruitment and Support
• Women Coach Recruitment and Support
• Gender Equitable Representation
• Gender Equity Thought Leadership
• Education and Resources for Gender Equity
• Policy and Advocacy
Tools & Resources To Support Getting More Girls in the Game
• NEW! Gameplan for Girls In Sports - A Guide for Building Effective Sports Programs for and with Girls, Coaches, and the Entire Community
• NEW! Getting and Keeping K-12 Girls in Sports and Physical Activity
• Getting Girls and Women Into the Game for a Lifetime of Success, National Recreation and Park Association
• Celebrating and Advancing Gender Equity in Sports, California Parks and Recreation Society