Creating opportunities for girls in sports to eliminate gender inequity.
The Gender Equity Initiative seeks to eliminate gender inequity in youth sports with a particular focus on growing the numbers of girls of color playing youth sports and equalizing their experiences in sport in addition to growing the numbers of women coaches of color and coaches supporting girls. The Initiative further seeks to promote gender equity with respect to all kids, coaches, and stakeholders.
Pillars of Focus
• Girls Recruitment and Support
• Women Coach Recruitment and Support
• Gender Equitable Representation
• Gender Equity Thought Leadership
• Education and Resources for Gender Equity
• Policy and Advocacy