With the return to youth sports in some states, it is critical coaches have the skills to deal with the social and emotional needs of our athletes as they emerge from the trauma of COVID-19.
PCA programming specifically addresses helping athletes and teams stay connected during our time apart, remaining flexible and keeping things in perspective, and parenting during a pandemic. Now more than ever, we will need to be ready to support our athletes when sports return.
WHEN YOUTH SPORTS RETURN... WILL YOU BE READY?
WE OFFER COURSES FOR:
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis we have seamlessly moved our in-person workshops online via Zoom, hosting more than 200 Zoom workshops for coaches, parents, athletes, and leaders:
- Our 60-minute zoom workshops offer the same interactive, collaborative experience we have been recognized for by all of our partners and community members, and the sessions include brainstorming sessions, and even have adapted to include virtual breakout rooms.
- All of our online resources and tools offer a way to make sure that when sports reopen, they are done right. Now more than ever, coaches will need to be ready to support their athletes when sports return.
The workshops address:
- Athlete Safety
- Parenting during a pandemic
- How to recognize athlete trauma
- How to stay connected
- How to stay flexible while keeping things in perspective
- Tools to support athlete mental fitness
In more than two decades of work, PCA expanded from a small local nonprofit to a strong, nationwide organization that provides programming in all 50 states, reaching thousands of organizations around the country and positively impacting millions of youth athletes every year.
"The workshop was interactive, user friendly, and very beneficial for our coaching staff. The one aspect we truly enjoyed were the breakout sessions that occurred throughout the workshop. Our coaching staff will be participating in more PCA workshops in the near future."
- Luke Toth, Senior Manager, Cleveland Cavaliers Youth Academy (Ohio)
"Positive Coaching Alliance new online webinars same powerful impact for coach development. The online experience was seamless with multiple prepared presenters, clear slides, individual and breakout room chats. We appreciate PCA’s rapid evolution to provide a safe method and experience for coach development."
- James Charette, Black Hills FC (Seattle)
"The workshops were a hit and we got amazing feedback from membership. Thank you for your time and professionalism over these last few weeks. I look forward to working with you and PCA in the future."
- Drew White, Multnomah Athletic Club, Portland, OR