What is Competing with Empathy?
Young athletes can play a role in contributing to a positive, developmental youth sports environment. The highly interactive Competing with Empathy workshop provides athletes with tangible tools to help create an empathetic team environment to unlock the many benefits that sports can provide.
How Can Empathy Make Your Team Better?
- Builds social connections
- Improves mental health
- Increases capacity to learn
- Improves performance
- Contributes to a sense of community
- Reduces the damaging effects of repeated stress
- Increases teamwork
- More effective and open communication
This research based 75 minute workshop demonstrates how athletes can lead with empathy in their team environment. Athletes will actively participate in the workshop, including small group discussions and will practice applying the tools to real team situations. Athletes will take away tangible tools and tips to contribute to an empathetic environment so all athletes will feel safe, seen, heard, and valued.
In this workshop athletes will learn about:
- How stress can impact athletes
- The role empathy plays in creating an understanding, supportive team environment
- The “PACT” - our framework for applying empathy
- How to apply the “PACT” action steps
Strengthen your team environment by scheduling a Competing with Empathy workshop in-person or virtually via Zoom for your athletes today through your Program Manager.
For more information, please fill out the form below.