PCA is a founding partner of the Susan Crown Exchange's Million Coaches Challenge. The challenge offers funding for nonprofit organizations to train coaches in positive youth development, with a special emphasis on coaches in underserved communities. We’re excited to partner with Minnesota-based Cenex®, the energy brand of CHS Inc., to power a matching grant program.
Cenex is committed to creating lasting change in its communities. One such way is through its youth coach trainings in partnership with PCA. Coaches play an incredibly important and formative role in their communities. Cenex is proud to support an inclusive youth sports culture aimed at teaching teamwork, accountability and emotional intelligence — the traits our communities need to thrive. After participating in a training, coaches have more tools to create positive environments for young people to succeed in competition, in the classroom, at home and in the community. Alongside PCA and the Million Coaches Challenge, Cenex will provide up to 30 training workshops to support rural schools in their efforts to foster positive coaching outcomes on and off the field.
For schools or coaches interested in learning more, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below. To apply for grant assistance, please fill out the submission form below and we will contact you.
Submissions within 20 miles of a Cenex location will be considered for a workshop. To find your local Cenex, visit: www.cenex.com/locations.
FAQ's About Cenex
PCA will consider all submissions entered before May 14, 2021, from schools that meet the eligibility requirements listed in question one below. Submissions will be reviewed by PCA on a first come, first served basis, and PCA will select eligible schools or organizations to host one-time, 90-minute workshops. All workshops sponsored by Cenex® will take place before August 31, 2021, and workshops are non-transferrable. If your school or organization has been selected to host a workshop but later must cancel, PCA will work directly with you to reschedule.
To be considered eligible for a workshop offered through PCA’s partnership with Cenex®, schools or organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
- Schools or organizations must be within 20 miles of a Cenex® location. (See question seven for more information on where to find your local Cenex®.)
- Schools or organizations should not have participated in a PCA workshop in the past.
- Only nonprofit and tax-exempt schools and organizations will be considered.
- PCA will select schools or organizations on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To be considered, all submissions must be entered by May 14, 2021.
To be considered, all interested coaches should ensure their school or organization meets the eligibility requirements listed in question one prior to filling out the submission form. PCA will validate location criteria and connect with eligible schools on a first-come, first-served basis. All entries must be submitted by May 14, 2021, to be reviewed. Not all entries will be eligible, and not all eligible entries are guaranteed a workshop.
If my school or youth sports organization is selected for a coach workshop, when will it take place?
If your school is selected, PCA will reach out to the contact who entered the submission form within 30 days of the submission date to schedule the workshop date. All workshops through this partnership will take place before August 31, 2021.
For this unique sponsorship with Cenex®, each coach training session will be a one-time live, interactive workshop (currently taking place on Zoom). Workshops last approximately 90 minutes.
The coach workshops offered through the sponsorship with Cenex ® are free. However, schools or organizations interested in continuing their positive coaching training are welcome to sign up for additional trainings and workshops. PCA also offers trainings for student-athletes, parents and youth sports leaders.
There are more than 1,400 locally owned and operated Cenex® convenience stores across 19 states in the Midwest, including Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Each location is unique to the community it proudly serves.
Submissions that are within 20 miles of a Cenex® location will be considered for a workshop. Organizations interested in bringing PCA training to their coaches can check the Cenex® Store Locator to see if your school is located within the eligible range. If your school is located elsewhere, please visit Million Coaches Challenge for more information.
I’m a Cenex/® CHS employee, but I’m also a coach. Am I eligible to submit my school or organization for a workshop?
Yes! As long as the school or organization meets the eligibility requirements listed in question one, you will be considered for one of the 30 coach training workshops.
- We know communities take pride in their businesses, schools, people and more. Community involvement is a large part of what makes Cenex® unique. We’re always looking for opportunities to engage, promote and give back to the communities we serve.
- The partnership with PCA through its Million Coaches Challenge provides us with a unique opportunity to continue to provide resources that help communities thrive. Coaches play an incredibly important and formative role in their communities, but less than one-third of coaches are trained. Cenex® is proud to support an inclusive youth sports culture aimed at teaching teamwork, accountability and emotional intelligence — the traits our communities need to thrive. We could not be more excited to support this workshop to help advance PCA’s Million Coaches Challenge.
To further PCA’s commitment to train 400,000 of the 1 million coaches in positive youth development techniques by 2025, Cenex is supporting 30 coach training workshops in 2021.