Positive Coaching Alliance works with coaches, athletes and schools across the country. Wherever you are we can help bring a positive, character-building youth sports environment that results in better athletes and better people.
A PCA Partnership includes a customized mix of live workshops, online courses, books, access to the PCA Partners website, and ongoing follow-up communications.
Coaches, parents, and organization leaders report the impacts of PCA workshops in multiple areas, which you can view here.
PCA surveys indicate that PCA tools and workshops impact:
- Coaches' ability to support life skills development and social emotional learning
- Sports as fun
- Parent-coach relationships
- The ability to teach life lessons through sports
- Coach and athlete turnover
PCA provides an excellent foundation for sports leadership and coaches. This is a must attend class for anyone looking to build a positive culture for their organization.
That environment helps your school or organization attract and retain the coaches, parents and players necessary to make your programs run smoothly... with fewer on-field conflicts, better coach-parent relationships and avid support for the program itself from all involved and the community at large.
The PDFs linked below provide detailed descriptions of our partnership offerings:
Our workshop titles are:
- Leading Your Organization: Developing a Positive Coaching Culture
- Double-Goal Coach®: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons
- Culture, Practices and Games
- Developing The Triple-Impact Competitor®
- Positive Motivation: Getting the Best from Athletes
- Mastery: Coaching for Peak Performance
- The Second-Goal Parent®: Developing Winners in Life Through Sports
- The Second-Goal Parent®: Tips and Tools to Develop Winners in Life Through Sports
- Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor®
- Making Teammates Better: Leadership and Positive Initiation
- Honoring the Game - Social Media Use: Elevating Yourself and Others
- Jr. Triple-Impact Competitor®: Activities to Develop Better Athletes, Better People
- PCA Consultations
- Character & Leadership Development Program
- Sports Can Battle Racism: A Workshop for Coaches
Typically, an individual school or youth sports organization hosts a Leadership workshop for its directors, a separate Double-Goal Coach workshop for all its coaches, and a separate Second-Goal Parent workshop. A Triple-Impact Competitor workshop is available for teenage athletes in the school or organization.
PCA also offers Partnerships that include workshops for school districts, conferences, park-and-recreation organizations, leagues, and youth sports consortiums in all 50 states and several other nations.
Each workshop takes anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours and is led by a PCA Trainer with deep athletic and coaching experience (usually at least three years at the high school level or above). The Trainer explains PCA's three key principles -- Redefining "Winning" as Mastery of Sport, Filling Emotional Tanks and Honoring the Game -- and leads attendees through a series of interactive exercises based on common youth sports scenarios.
The result is that the group of leaders, coaches, parents or athletes begins to explore different approaches for success and establishes a common vocabulary for use in providing athletes a positive, character-building youth sports environment.
Often, workshop attendees are "unfrozen" from negative beliefs and practices they had accepted throughout their sporting lives and experience an emotional awakening that benefits them, their families, communities and most importantly, the youth athletes they serve.
PCA offers six online courses - all expert-developed and designed to help coaches, parents, athletes and officials ensure that winning happens both on and off the field in youth sports. Online courses are an important aspect of a PCA Partnership with your school or youth sports organization.
Our courses feature nationally recognized coaches and athletes such as Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Julie Foudy, Summer Sanders, Dusty Baker and Herm Edwards. Also featured are leading sports psychologists and researchers, including Carol Dweck, PhD and Joan Duda, PhD.
Courses are self-paced and include instructional modules and opportunities for interactivity and reflection. They also feature easy-to-use tools and tips to help you put positive coaching practices to work right away!