PCA awards scholarships of $500-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
- Leadership: Making one's teammates better
- Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Eligibility extends to any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports!
Questions? Contact PCA's Jennie Wulbrun. In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
The 2019 scholarship opportunity for high school juniors graduating in 2020 has closed. Applications are currently under review and finalists will be named on this page in mid-August. Winners will be named from September 2019-May 2020 based on the chapter your application fell under based on city/state/county.
The 2020 opportunity for juniors graduating in 2021 will open on January 1, 2020.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2021)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2020 application period opened January 1, 2020 and ends May 31, 2020. (Applications and the 3 required references provided through the application portal must be submitted by this deadline!)
Applications and references can only be submitted through the application online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application are contained within the application link that will be available January 1, 2020. As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
- Your application and the three references must be fully submitted by the May 31 deadline.
Selection and Notification
Winners of the 2018 scholarship are still being notified through the spring of 2019. 2018 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship winner checks will be mailed in late spring 2019.
Finalists of the current opportunity, the 2019 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship will be announced in August, 2019 and Winners will be named on a chapter basis throughout the winter of 2019 and spring of 2020.