Each year PCA awards over 100 scholarships of $1,000 or more to high school student-athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson.
• Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
• Leadership: Making one's teammates better
• Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
The 2022 Scholarship opportunity for juniors graduating in 2023 is now open. You can apply through April 30th, 2022. Click the link below to begin an application after reading the program rules and eligibility below. In particular, please note that references are all handled within the scholarship application platform by providing the name/email address of the people you'd like to provide a reference. Our system will then send them a link to provide their input electronically. No manual submissions outside of the platform are accepted.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2023)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2022 application period will open on January 1, 2022, and close on April 30th, 2022.
Applications and references can only be submitted through the application online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees, etc.).
- Your application must be fully submitted by the April 30th deadline.
- All requirements of the application are contained within the application link.
Selection and Notification
Finalists for the 2022 TIC scholarship opportunity (class of 2023) will be named in August 2022 and Winners will be named by November 2022.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
- 2021 Triple-Impact Competitor® Scholarship Winners Announced
- 2021 Triple-Impact Competitor® Scholarship Finalists
- Looking Back: 2020 Virtual Scholarship Celebration
- Want To Host a Zoom Workshops For Your Student-Athletes? Click Here
- What is a Triple-Impact Competitor?
- Promotional Program Flyer For Download
- High School Guidance Counselor? Sign Up Here To Be Notified About Our Scholarship
- Honoring 2020 Houston Scholarship Winners on Zoom with the Wade Smith Foundation
- Scholarship Winners Honored at 2019 Minnesota Impact Awards
- Harvard Men's Basketball Helps Honor Scholarship Finalists
- PCA-Colorado Honors Scholarship Winners at Annual Fundraiser
- What Our Scholarship Meant For This Student-Athlete