Each year PCA awards over 100 scholarships of $1,000 or more to high school student-athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson.
• Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
• Leadership: Making one's teammates better
• Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Winners for the 2021 Triple-Impact Competitor® Scholarship opportunity were named on October 20th, 2021.
The next scholarship opportunity for juniors graduating in 2023 will open on January 1, 2022. For a reminder to apply, please sign up here.
Please contact Program Manager, Jennie_Wulbrun@positivecoach.org with any questions.
We'll be honoring all 2021 Scholarship Winners from across the US at our Virtual Scholarship Awards Event on Wednesday, November 17th at 4 pm PT. We'll hear from a few scholarship winners and some special guests, who you may know from the professional sports world, sharing messages of congratulations and inspiration! For more information and to register to join us, please click here.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2023)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2022 application period will open January 1, 2022 and ends May 31, 2022.
Applications and references can only be submitted through the application online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application will be contained within the application link available as of January 1, 2022. As part of the online application, you willl:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
- Your application must be fully submitted by the May 31 deadline.
Selection and Notification
Finalists for the 2022 TIC scholarship opportunity (class of 2023) will be named in August 2022 and Winners will be named by November 2022.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
- 2021 Triple-Impact Competitor® Scholarship Finalists Announced
- Looking Back: 2020 Virtual Scholarship Celebration
- 2020 Scholarship Winners Announced
- Want To Host a Zoom Workshops For Your Student-Athletes? Click Here
- What is a Triple-Impact Competitor?
- Promotional Program Flyer For Download
- High School Guidance Counselor? Sign Up Here To Be Notified About Our Scholarship
- Honoring 2020 Houston Scholarship Winners on Zoom with the Wade Smith Foundation
- Scholarship Winners Honored at 2019 Minnesota Impact Awards
- Harvard Men's Basketball Helps Honor Scholarship Finalists
- PCA-Colorado Honors Scholarship Winners at Annual Fundraiser
- What Our Scholarship Meant For This Student-Athlete