PCA awards scholarships of $500-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
• Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
• Leadership: Making one's teammates better
• Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
The application period for juniors graduating in 2021 is now closed. The finalists for the 2020 Scholarship opportunity (juniors graduating in 2021) have been selected. Please see the list HERE. Winners will be selected by the end of November. Nothing more is needed from applicants at this time. Thanks so much for applying!
Please contact Program Manager, Jennie_Wulbrun@positivecoach.org with any questions.
If you will be a junior graduating in 2022, the opportunity to apply will open on January 1, 2021.
Click below for a reminder to apply!
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
- 2020 Scholarship Finalists Announced
- Want To Host a Zoom Workshops For Your Student-Athletes? Click Here
- Meet the 2019 Scholarship Winners
- Meet the 2019 Scholarship Finalists
- What is a Triple-Impact Competitor?
- New! Promotional Program Flyers For Download
- High School Guidance Counselor? Sign Up Here To Be Notified About Our Scholarship
- Honoring 2020 Houston Scholarship Winners on Zoom with the Wade Smith Foundation
- Scholarship Winners Honored at 2019 Minnesota Impact Awards
- Harvard Men's Basketball Helps Honor Scholarship Finalists
- PCA-Colorado Honors Scholarship Winners at Annual Fundraiser
- What Our Scholarship Meant For This Student-Athlete
- Any high school Junior (class of 2021)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2020 application period opened January 1, 2020 and ends May 31, 2020. (Applications and the 3 required references provided through the application portal must be submitted by this deadline!)
Applications and references can only be submitted through the application online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application are contained within the application link that will be available January 1, 2020. As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
- Your application and the three references must be fully submitted by the May 31 deadline.
Selection and Notification
Finalists for current 2020 TIC scholarship applicants (class of 2021) will be named in August 2020 and Winners will be named throughout the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 based on the chapter your application falls under.