PCA awards over 100 scholarships of $1,000 minimum to high school student-athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson.
• Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
• Leadership: Making one's teammates better
• Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
The application period for juniors graduating in 2022 is NOW OPEN! Please read the "Program Rules" before applying. Within the application, you will be offered the opportunity to take PCA's online Triple-Impact Competitor® course for free and we highly encourage you to do so to learn more about what it means to be a Triple-Impact Competitor®.
Current juniors graduating in 2022 are eligible to apply now through May 31st, 2021.
Please contact Program Manager, Jennie_Wulbrun@positivecoach.org with any questions.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2022)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2021 application period opened January 1, 2021 and ends May 31, 2021. (Applications and the 3 required references provided through the application portal must be submitted by this deadline!)
Applications and references can only be submitted through the application online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application are contained within the application link that is now available as of January 1, 2021. As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
- Your application and the three references must be fully submitted by the May 31 deadline.
Selection and Notification
Finalists for the current 2021 TIC scholarship opportunity (class of 2022) will be named in August 2021 and Winners will be named by November 2021.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
- 2020 Scholarship Winners Announced
- 2020 Scholarship Finalists Announced
- Want To Host a Zoom Workshops For Your Student-Athletes? Click Here
- Meet the 2019 Scholarship Winners
- Meet the 2019 Scholarship Finalists
- What is a Triple-Impact Competitor?
- Promotional Program Flyer For Download
- High School Guidance Counselor? Sign Up Here To Be Notified About Our Scholarship
- Honoring 2020 Houston Scholarship Winners on Zoom with the Wade Smith Foundation
- Scholarship Winners Honored at 2019 Minnesota Impact Awards
- Harvard Men's Basketball Helps Honor Scholarship Finalists
- PCA-Colorado Honors Scholarship Winners at Annual Fundraiser
- What Our Scholarship Meant For This Student-Athlete