PCA awards scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Personal Mastery: Making oneself better
- Leadership: Making one's teammates better
- Honoring the Game: Making the game better.
Eligibility extends to any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports!
Questions? Contact PCA's Jennie Wulbrun. In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
HELPFUL PROGRAM LINKS
The 2018 Application Period is now closed. The 2019 scholarship application will re-open on January 1, 2019 for juniors graduating in 2020.
2018 Scholarship Winners will be named throughout the winter of 2018 and spring of 2019.
- Any high school Junior (class of 2020)
- Residing in the United States
- Plays a high school or club sport
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In the event an award winner acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles of PCA or in a manner that would reflect poorly on PCA, PCA reserves the right to rescind this Award.
The 2019 application period will begin January 1, 2019 and end May 31, 2019.
Applications can only be submitted online. If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun.
A Triple-Impact Competitor® makes positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery);
- Makes teammates better (Leadership); and
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
All requirements of the application are contained within the application link that will be available January 1, 2019. As part of the online application, you will:
- Provide your response to 3 essay prompts
- Provide email addresses for one of each of the following below categories of references who will then be emailed a link to provide their reference electronically through the application. (*No attachments of references are accepted- all must be done through the application portal.)
- a reference from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- a reference from a coach
- at least 1 reference (and up to 3 references) from individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.).
- Your application and the three references must be fully submitted by the May 31 deadline.
Selection and Notification
All 2018 scholarship finalists will be notified via email in August of 2018 and the full list will be posted on PCA’s website. Winners of the 2018 Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship will be announced on a chapter basis throughout the winter of 2018 and spring of 2019. Scholarship checks will be mailed in Spring/Summer 2019.