About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA)
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops BETTER ATHLETES, BETTER PEOPLE through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. In addition to 1,400+ free audio-video and printable tips and tools at www.PCADevZone.org, PCA has partnered with roughly 3,500 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture. PCA resources, which have reached more than 8.6 million youth, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development Zone™culture, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports:
- The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
PCA gains support from a National Advisory Board, including National Spokesperson and 11-time NBA Champion Coach Phil Jackson, and many other top coaches, athletes, organization leaders and academics who share PCA’s mission.
Positive Coaching Alliance is looking to add a development intern to help primarily with our Annual Fund Campaign. This individual will be learning and working in Salesforce to help with creating and updating our data, creating tax acknowledgement letters, and pulling reports. They will also help with outreach to past donors, collateral mailing, building fundraising pages, and other projects as assigned. This individual should have a positive attitude, great work ethic, and a willingness to learn about the world of development at a nonprofit.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite
- Strong organizational skills: Must be able to multi-task effectively and time manage
- Ability to think outside of the box about ways to improve impact
- Must be a dependable team player
- Experience or strong desire to learn development strategy
Intern Responsibilities - specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Searching donors in Salesforce; adding new donors to system and updating current donor contact information
- Preparing thank you letters and reviewing donor correspondence
- Helping with donor outreach throughout campaign; contacting by phone, email
- Helping prepare and mail donor campaign material
- Entering gift data on shared document to help track donations
- Creating fundraising (Razoo) pages
- Other assignments as assigned
- This is an unpaid internship, but provides invaluable development experience
To apply contact Patty Rally or call at 650-210-0817.